Private Rental Sector webinar aired on 22nd June 2016
Exploring Dynamics of the Private Rental & Buy To Let Sectors
On Wednesday 22 June Mark Long and Bethan Cooke shared a powerful set of insights derived from BDRC’s Landlords and Tenants Panel insight programmes. This edition focuses on the dynamics of the Private Rental and Buy To Let sectors.
In the 30 minute session attendees learnt:
- Key dynamics of housing stock in the UK, and the growth of the Private Rental Sector
- The profile of private landlords and the drivers of property investment – what are landlord’s objectives?
- Reactions to recent Government announcements impacting landlords
– STLD (Stamp Duty Land Tax) increases, BTL (buy-to-let) mortgage interest tax relief etc
- The actual rental income achieved and landlord’s overall profitability
- How it feels to be a tenant in the Private Rental Sector today
If you have questions that were not covered in this session, please feel free to get in touch about our research and its implications.